Thursday, February 15, 2018

week 4 pt 1

Good afternoon friends,
This week post is about websites I dislike, like, and why. First I went to http://www.pennyjuice.com/

  •  identify at least three potential problems for visitors
  1. Their background image of two children ( a boy and a girl) are really close up and an image that many scare off customers.
  2. Too much color it might be over-whelming.
  3. Too much images that take away from the words (meaning of the site).
Then I went to http://www.headhunterhairstyling.com/
  1. The home page is plain not enough information.
  2. The home page's images are on a slide and, it moves too fast.
  3. There is not enough social image outlets so the customers can add feedback.
  • What could be improved on these websites and why would these improvements help
http://www.pennyjuice.com/
  • change the background image on the home back to not creep out the customers
  • spread out the images and color though out the website, to not lose the meaning of the website
  • add an area for games to entrain your target audience (kids) but don't forget the adults
  
http://www.headhunterhairstyling.com/
  • add some entertainment for your target audience ( women) on the home page such as information, images, or  games to show the importance beauty treatment has on women.
  • change the images on slide show on, the home page spread them out through out the home page to better allow to the customer to embrace the images.
  • add an another social media outlet to better reach more customers or just add area for customers to leave feedback on the website. 
I then looked at apple.com to see what they did right on their website. 
They did a good job on their website by promoting their line of products and giving well informed information on them.
Their design, aesthetic, and branding impacted my reaction to their website by showing me a well professional website looks like. 
Finally,  I looked at Toyota.com, this is what I observed.
This website has many options for the customer to better be served.
Their design, aesthetic, and branding impacted my reaction by impressing me on the   how they show case they line of products and services they offer.


Sincerely,  Jesus  E. Origel 

3 comments:

  1. I agree that Penny Juice color scheme is a bit much almost as they are marketing to children however they are marketing to the parents rather than their children, so I agree on maybe toning down the page. I hadn't put much thought into the picture of the children on the landing page but I also too believe that the picture is a bit out of place and should maybe show the children consuming the drink, as I was confused on what was being presented when I first arrived on the page. Good observations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I completely agree with your critiques. I had similar impression on these websites. Sometimes less is more because if a website overdoes the design then it can take away from the important information. Great analysis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the same issues with the websites you don't like - namely Penny Juice and Head Hunters Hair Styling. I had many of the same comments that you made. I do indeed like the Apple and Toyota websites. They are clean and fresh, and of course, professionally done.

    ReplyDelete