Thursday, February 1, 2018

Week 2: Overview of Social Media CSIT 155

Hello friends,


Welcome back to anther post of mine, hope all my viewers enjoy reading this post as well. In this  post I will discuss my opinion on all social medial platforms with regard to the betterment of personal use, or business use or even both.




Facebook and Instagram are the largest social media outlets, with many members all around the world. Many Facebook and Instagram members are active members. so much so Facebook and or Instagram is apart of their daily life. On the other hand, other members choose to get on Facebook and or Instagram once in a while out of boredom. However, almost all Facebook and Instagram members log on simply for the social aspects of it. Thus, it is safe to say Facebook and Instagram seem more geared towards personal use.


To talk about the business aspect of social media, Twitter and LinkedIn come to mine. Both are manly used to promote a business somehow either through words, pictures, or merchandise. Both are known as a business platforms with their members conducting business using social media.




All social media outlet you use, remember that platform can and should be used for both personal used and to conduct business. For instance, Facebook first was used to stay in touch with family and friends and make new friends. Nevertheless, every business is about saving money and bringing in more income for the business. Therefore, it makes sense why and how business works well in every social medial outlet.


Thanks for reading friends, hope you agree if not at least understand my point of view on this subject. Until next time friends .


Sincerely,
Your friend,
Jesus E. Origel

 

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jesus,

    First of all I like the background you got going on here. You know the old saying, Money talks but BS walks, excuse my French! Anyway, I have to agree that Facebook and Instagram are the two largest social media out let out there. I do not have any experience with Instagram but I do with Facebook. I can agree that a lot of people go on there due to boredom and then there are people out there who use it to promote business. I really think its a great way to promote it instead of making fliers and handing them out. That alone costs money and a lot of time. Good post and information! Looking forward to reading from you the rest of this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    I completely see where you are coming from and I like how you included that Facebook and Instagram first started for personal use and now has developed to incorporate businesses. I think businesses were finding success while marketing on these platforms because they were able to directly reach out to individual people and their connections. I also mentioned LinkedIn in my post. I think that it is a really useful platform and should be used by businesses, but it is sometimes overlooked in my experience. I really enjoyed reading your post and I look forward to seeing what you will write next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jesus,

    You bring up an excellent point about social media being a remedy for "boredom." How can we as entrepreneurs capitalize on this? What content can we create that will blow competition out of the water AND be the focal point of a user's attention before they scroll up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never really gave it a thought until you mentioned it about how we look at social media due to boredom. So it just a matter of seeing it in a different prospective, and taking advantage of it. Great Blog.

    ReplyDelete