Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Week 3 part 1

Good afternoon everyone,
Have you ever experienced difficulty communicating with a business?  Many people have, including myself. Everyone handles that problem in different ways right or wrong, but now with social media at our deposal things are different.




Does social media make it easier to get noticed or get your problem solved?  With Social media consumers can get noticed sooner, but the problem still needs attention via over the phone or in person for better results.




Have you ever had a positive experience communicating with a business through social media?  Many people have, but I can't think of any experience communicating with a business through social media. I prefer to handle business matters over the phone or in person, since I find this method or professional. I can image how time-saving  communicating with a business through social media can be.






If it was your own business on social media, how would you respond to positive or negative comments? I love being professional so I would welcome and thank the consumer for sharing their comment. Then I would agree or respectfully disagree and follow up with a reason why. Do my best to allow the consumer to feel comfortable to keep voicing they opinion again.




Many people have had many negative or positive experience communicating with a business through social media, I can only image. Since I don't use social media for business communication, yet I can see the pros and cons of that. Communicating with a business via social media can be time-saving, efficient, and even less stressful. But a negative experience can lead to loss of consumers. Hope people can agree with me on this, or even share your experiences. Like always I welcome your feedback.




Sincerely. Jesus E. Origel  

2 comments:

  1. I'm wondering if it would be better to phrase your disagreement in a roundabout way, rather than outright so that your message is interpreted correctly? I think that's one major issue with social media is that it is hard to convey tone, sure there are emojis, but that can come off as unprofessional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jesus,
    I think social media is good for quick questions and for reaching out to the business. There are limits to social media and both the consumer and the business need to have an understanding of what is appropriate and not. Nowadays people expected everything to be instantaneous and I think that is a factor when it comes to a positive or negative experience with a businesses online. Social media allows businesses to reply when it is most convenient and the messages are logged to be looked back on later.

    ReplyDelete